A delicious starter that combines the sunny flavors of the Mediterranean.
Ingredients (for 12 pieces)
- 12 slices of ciabatta or French bread
- 2 tbs oilve oil
- 75 gr. black olives (pitted)
- 250 gr. mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ts fresh chopped majoran (or 1/2 ts dried)
- salt & pepper
- Clean the mushrooms with a brush (do not wash them! They would soak up the water like little sponges) and slice them up.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add mushrooms, garlic & majoran and (stir) fry for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Mash the olives with the oil in a food processor.
- Toast the bread till golden.
- Spread the olive paste on the bread on divide the mushrooms over it, then serve.
[Source] Click here