By Alison Turner & Anneka Manning,
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):
* 6 (about 200g each) swordfish steaks
* 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
* Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
* olive & caper salsa
* 2 small lemons
* 135g (3/4 cup) green olives, pitted, quartered
* 135g (3/4 cup) kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
* 1 200g jar capers, drained, patted dry with paper towel
* 1 bunch continental parsley, leaves picked, roughly chopped
* 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
* Ground black pepper
- To make the olive & caper salsa, use a zester to remove the rind from the lemons. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the lemons. Use a small sharp knife to remove the white pith from the rind. Cut the rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemons. Place the lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, parsley and oil in a medium bowl, and toss well to combine. Taste and season with pepper. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- Heat a chargrill or large heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the swordfish steaks with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add 3 steaks to the chargrill and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining swordfish steaks.
- Serve the swordfish with the olive & caper salsa.