During the SIAL Montréal 2007, the 1st edition Olive d’Or has been highly successful in terms of participation, and stood-out as one of the most important international contest.
The competition attracted 144 olive oils from more than 18 countries around the world.
Register today for the 2nd edition during SIAL Montréal 2008 from April 23-25, 2008 in Montréal.
THE SPIRIT OF THIS COMPETITION AND THE PROCESS
Participants register their oils in the following categories:
light fruity, fruity medium and strong fruity.
The oils are tasted in accordance with the norms established by the International Olive Council (COI).
In addition to participation in the contest, registration allows:
• A showcase of olive oils in a designated area of the SIAL Montreal,
• inclusion in the exhibition catalogue,
• The opportunity to receive feedback from jurors.
The winners in each category will be rewarded with prizes:
Goutte d’Or, Goutte d’Argent et Goutte de Bronze.
9 Winners are highlighted in the showcase at the Area of the SIAL Montreal.
• a vintage label competition to communicate
• a diploma awarded at the Canadian Agrifood Export Gala that will be taking place during SIAL Montreal.
The jury is composed of international experts (specialists in the industry Olive, chefs, journalists…).
It is chaired by Dr. Christine Cheylan. Expert in the field of olive cultivation, she has chaired many national and international competitions and is Very implicated in the world of Olive. Trained to professional tasting, she is also a producer, manager of an oil mill, a consultant in olive growing and a jury in contests.
New this year: the Golden Olive Area, in this area, professionals will be able to taste your olive oils.
This service (cf Registration Form for costs) will enhance your visibility during the show. It includes:
• 3 days of presence in the olive oil area.
• database of visitors and professionals who have tasted or will be interested in your olive oil.
Additional information will be provided to participants wishing to subscribe to the package with tasting.
Click here for more information