White Chicken Chili Recipe: Hot 'n Spicy White Chicken Chili
Not for the faint of heart, this chili is smoking with flavor. If you enjoy spicy chili but don't want to set fire to your mouth, you can reduce or eliminate the jalapeno peppers.
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeno peppers
* 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chile peppers
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
* 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
* 3 (15 oz.) cans white beans
* 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add in the onion and cook until tender.
2. Stir in the garlic, jalapeno peppers, chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Cook for 3 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
3. Add in the chicken broth, chicken and beans. Simmer for 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
4. Remove pan from heat and slowly stir in the cheese until it's melted.
__________________turkey chili recipes